"There is no sight on earth more appealing than the sight of a woman making dinner for someone she loves."
Thomas Wolfe

Food is Love © 2007-2010 | All Rights Reserved |
Please Ask First!
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Scramble Egg Sandwich - Recipe Remix - Part II

>> Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I almost gave up to join this event since last week was supposed to be the due date. But then I read that the hosts extended it until tomorrow. Then here I am, posting you my entry for Recipe Remix - Part II hosted by Danielle and Robin.

Theme for the second event of Recipe Remix is Breakfast. The hosts has picked 6 breakfast foods to be remixed by us. Actually last week I made crêpes for this event, but at that time my hubby and I were starving, so we forgot to capture it. By the time I remembered, they all were gone eaten up by us :)

As I mentioned here, I'm not a big fan of sandwich like my hubby. But still, sandwich is one of my choice whenever I'm in hurry. That's why I chose to remix egg breakfast sandwich for my entry.

According to Wikipedia, Egg Sandwich is a sandwich with some kind of egg filling. Sliced boiled eggs are a popular option - some people use egg slicers to make slicing more convenient. Fried egg and scrambled egg sandwiches are an alternative for those who want a hot meal. A popular combination in the United States is an egg sandwich on a kaiser roll, bagel, or biscuit, with the option of some sort of breakfast meat (breakfast sausage, bacon, or ham), and cheese making a breakfast sandwich. Another variation is an omelette served on bread.

I want to make something that combine the taste of Arabian and Indonesian (as representation of my betterhalf as Arabian and me as Indonesian). That's why I used pita bread (known in Germany as Arabic Bread) instead of toast and added red chili for the omelet. But, I want my egg breakfast sandwich at least to have American taste by adding Tabasco in the omelet.

I'm glad that I made it since my beloved hubby said that it tasted heaven (ya ya... he likes to exaggerate his wife foods).

Ingredients:
1 pita bread, divided into two (pita bread is a double layer flat or pocket bread)
Lettuce, cut into bite sized
Tomato, ring sliced

Omelet:
2 eggs
2 tbsp of fresh milk
2 red chilies, angle sliced
4 drops of Tabasco
Salt and pepper
Butter for sautéing

Methods:
Omelet:
1. Heat small amount of butter in a skillet. Stir fry red chilies until fragrant.
2. Add eggs, let it cook for a while. Beat the egg until whites and yolks well mixed.
3. Add milk. Continue stirring until the milk evaporated.
4. Season with Tabasco, salt and pepper. Mix well. Remove from the heat.

Finishing:

Place lettuce, omelet and tomato. Wrap into triangle. You can add chili sauce when desired.

11 comments:

MiNDY May 28, 2008 at 6:46 AM

sama'an mosting buat recipe remix hari ini ma gw n mBa Retno. tadinya gw juga pengen bikin Venezuelan scrambled egg, tapi jadinya si Jalapeno.

foto ketiga, suka komposisinya.

Elsye May 28, 2008 at 7:01 AM

Faaaaa...cakepppp tuh fotona...suka deh gue liat warna warninya...sekarnag agak close up ya Fa..kerennnnnn..

btw, pita breadnya sama ga kayak tortilas ? gue suka bikin tortila hihihihi....*aduh nek gue kok promo sih, ga ada yang nanya ginih :P*

Retno Prihadana May 28, 2008 at 1:07 PM

Good Idea Sefa! kapan-kapan nyontek juga ah bikin scrambled eggnya dimakan sama Pita bread, kayaknya anakku bakal suka nih:)

Ayin May 28, 2008 at 3:29 PM

itu orak arik ya... good idea Sef hehe :)

busylittlebee May 28, 2008 at 6:07 PM

yummy orak-arik, keen to give it a try at my kitchen.

deeTha May 28, 2008 at 8:38 PM

wah enak neh kayaknya...
tapi roti pitanya mana ada ya di tempatku, adanya pita buat rambut tuh... hihihihi

sefa firdaus May 30, 2008 at 6:01 AM

@Mindy: tosssssssss, sehati kita bertiga :)

thanks Ndoel

@Elsye: sebetulnya gue dari dulu kalo motret hampir selalu close up sih say.. soalnya puyeng pake prime lens kayak 50mm f/1.8 yg gue punya, kita kudu tau jarak yg tepat biar pas
thanks Els pujiannya...

beda say, pita bread itu lebih berat dibanding tortila
eh... posting dong Els resep tortila.. biar gue contek :D

@Retno: ayooo coba Mbak, semoga aja suka... bikinnya gampang dan kenyang :D

@Ayin: iya Yin... orak-arik, bikinnya cepet gak ribet lagi

@Ira: I bet you'll like it Jeng! Trust me!

@Deetha: yaaa gimana dong... pake tortila aja kalo gitu :))

jangan makan pita rambut ya :D

mae June 2, 2008 at 2:19 PM

Wah, suka banget nih yang beginian... fotonya cakeeeep banget. Kalo disini pita bread gak begitu umum dijual ya, biasanya bikin ndiri ato pake tortilla yang gampang bikinnya.

sefa firdaus June 4, 2008 at 3:26 AM

pake tortilla kayaknya oke juga deh Mae

thanks for the compliment

miund June 6, 2008 at 2:58 PM

NGILER TINGKAT TINGGI!

sefa firdaus June 7, 2008 at 12:49 PM

@Miund: wah berat itu kalo udah tingkat tinggi, hihihi

makasih udah mampir Und, jangan lupa ilernya dielap :D

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”Virginia Woolf

Recent Post

Oatmeal Banana Almond Cookies - 2nd Annual O Foods Contest for Ovarian Cancer Awareness MonthSate PadangThe Beauty of Red and White
Summer DrinkCherry BlossomsClick May 2009: Cookies
Ayam Bumbu Paniki (Chicken ala Paniki) Judging for Click April 2009 - Spring/AutumnBinte Biluhuta

Category

Travel Warning

Indonesia is dangerously beautiful!

Indonesia is not only Bali. We have lots of beautiful places within the 5 biggest islands and thousands of small islands. Please click on the banner above for more information about Indonesian tourisms. And don't forget to explore the beauty of West Sumatra.

Designed by Ourblogtemplates.com © 2008 | Modified by Sefa Firdaus © 2007-2015