"There is no sight on earth more appealing than the sight of a woman making dinner for someone she loves."
Thomas Wolfe

Food is Love © 2007-2010 | All Rights Reserved |
Please Ask First!
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Butter Cookies

>> Thursday, November 6, 2008

Lately I barely photographed foods I cooked or baked. It is because the spot where my asal goblek studio was, now taken over by our big bed (we move our bedroom to the living room and vice versa). I still can build another studio in the new living room if only there are no couch, sofa bed and single bed (where we used to sleep - can you imagine two adults sleeping in a 90x100cm bed?) there. Besides, after two weeks hospitalized in Canon Service Center, my camera looks like brand new and I need time to get use to it (means: I am just lazy).

This butter cookies was photographed on August 19th, 2008, one day after making. It was late in the afternoon when I suddenly like baking. I checked my dear friend's blog since I knew she has some easy and simple baking recipe that I've put my eyes on it.

At first I wanted to make half recipe since I didn't want to complete the cookies alone (my hubby is not a cookie eater), but then I made one recipe since cookies can be stored for such period. I was glad that I didn't make it half, since my better half like it very much, even we fought over who's eating more.

At the time I baked this cookie, I run out butter, so I mixed it with margarine. Instead of forming the cookie with cookie cutter (just don't like to roll the dough), I balled up the dough and pressed it with the fork. It was fun!

Butter Cookies
Recipe by Recipe Junction through Dari Dapur Saya, slightly modified and converted into the metric system by me

Ingredients:
312,5 gr all-purpose-flour
167 gr butter + 60 grams margarine
100 gr granulated sugar
1 egg, L size
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Method:
1. Cream the butter and margarine until light. Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
2. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Add flour and mix.
3. Cover the dough and store in a fridge for about one and half hour.
4. Spoon small amount of the batter and ball up until finish. Place the balls into a baking tray lined up with a parchment paper (give some space). Press each ball with fork.
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 170°C for 9 to 12 minutes. Cool completely in a wired rack.

11 comments:

Dwiana P November 7, 2008 at 5:43 AM

yah itu susu ada cookiesnya kalau diliat ama anak gw bisa langsung di celup2 deh. paling doyan dia.
two adult are sleeping in that size of bed? qiqiqiiqi take the positive way, anget kan pelukan terus jadinya:)

Rita November 7, 2008 at 7:33 AM

nyomot butter cookiesnya ah buat temen minum teh sore ini hehehe...

Kitchen Flavours November 7, 2008 at 2:30 PM

Simple and easy recipe for cookies. Looks yummy and melt in mouth.

Retno Prihadana November 7, 2008 at 8:19 PM

Dingin-dingin begini pengennya nyamil mlulu ya sef. Dimakan berdua...dooh romantis banget deyyy

jUnE0u November 7, 2008 at 9:08 PM

thats too bad gw gak bisa nyicipin..mupeng!!

Kitchen Flavours November 8, 2008 at 4:20 PM

A small suprise waiting for you dear.Click on the link to follow Award Time

Manuela © November 9, 2008 at 6:05 AM

Nice cookies and pictures :)

I avoid doing cookies because my other half doesn't eat much either, and it will be hard for him to beat me, even if he loves it lol

Jacque November 10, 2008 at 4:11 AM

Mmmm, they look homey and delicious! Such a lovely picture too.

MiNDY November 10, 2008 at 4:25 AM

selamat yaa si Canon sut kembali lagi ke rumah. waktu itu gw juga bikin butter cookies tapi ga kefoto karena males.

Judith November 12, 2008 at 3:44 AM

Sef .. tampak nyammi banget butter cookiesnya :D Aku nggak nolak lho kalo dikirimi, anggap aja hadiah tahun baru he hee ..

Queen B. November 16, 2008 at 8:41 AM

looks great.......

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”Virginia Woolf

Recent Post

Oatmeal Banana Almond Cookies - 2nd Annual O Foods Contest for Ovarian Cancer Awareness MonthSate PadangThe Beauty of Red and White
Summer DrinkCherry BlossomsClick May 2009: Cookies
Ayam Bumbu Paniki (Chicken ala Paniki) Judging for Click April 2009 - Spring/AutumnBinte Biluhuta

Category

Travel Warning

Indonesia is dangerously beautiful!

Indonesia is not only Bali. We have lots of beautiful places within the 5 biggest islands and thousands of small islands. Please click on the banner above for more information about Indonesian tourisms. And don't forget to explore the beauty of West Sumatra.

Designed by Ourblogtemplates.com © 2008 | Modified by Sefa Firdaus © 2007-2015