"There is no sight on earth more appealing than the sight of a woman making dinner for someone she loves."
Thomas Wolfe

Food is Love © 2007-2010 | All Rights Reserved |
Please Ask First!
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Heidelbeeren Grießpudding (Blueberry Semolina Pudding)

>> Monday, March 9, 2009

And I broke my promise. Sorry :(

I supposed to continue writing the recipe on Tuesday (March 10th, 2009) but I was sick after coming from Budapest. During my sickness, some freak who I heard always online 24/7 (no wonder she doesn't have anything to do but gossiping with her online buddies) has threatened me. But let's not talk about her, she is nothing but a looser.

Last month, inspired by the recipe written behind the packaging cartoon of soft wheat semolina, I created a new recipe. Did some experiment in my kitchen and created the dessert that my beloved love to eat it but I was the one who ate all of them. It was yield 6 ramekins, he ate 2 and I ate 4. I couldn't help it, though this kind of dessert can be eaten both hot and cold, but the longer you store it in the fridge, the yummier it tastes.

I am sending this dessert to my beloved friend Lore of Culinarty with her Original Recipes Round-up, a monthly event that has made lots of foodie blogger (including me) become creative. Sorry Lore, I missed last month edition. I was busy with my first experience as DMBLGIT host. Hope, I will not miss any in the future.

Heidelbeeren Grießpudding (Blueberry Semolina Pudding)
Recipe created by me, inspired by the recipe behind the packaging cartoon of soft wheat semolina

Ingredients:
Pudding:
200 gr Weichweizengrieß (soft wheat semolina)
10 tbsp granulated sugar
600 ml fresh milk
200 ml whipped cream
80 gr butter
1 package of vanilla sugar (8 gr)
100 gr frozen blueberry, defrost, blend
2 medium size eggs
Pinch of salt

Sauce:
150 gr frozen blueberry, defrost
1 tsp granulated sugar
Lemon juice as needed
Water as needed

Garnish:
Fresh/frozen blueberry

Method:
Pudding:
1. Mix fresh milk, whipped cream and butter in a sauce pan. Add pinch of salt. Bring into a boil over medium heat until butter is melted.
2. Combine semolina wheat flour with vanilla sugar. Pour into the boiling milk mixture. Continue boiling by stirring the mixture until thicken. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
3. Beat eggs and sugar until well blended. Pour into the semolina mixture. Mix well with a wooden spoon or spatula.
4. Add blueberry, mix well.
5. Spoon the batter into a ramekin that has been rinse with water. Repeat until all the batter use up. Bake in a preheated oven of 160°C for 15 minutes. Can be served while hot or keep in a refrigerator before serving.

Sauce:
1. Blend blueberry in a blender. Add small amount of water if it's too thick.
2. Pour the blueberry in a sauce pan. Boil over a small heat. Add sugar, mix well.
3. Add lemon juice after boiling. Stir for a while and remove from the heat.

Serving suggestion:
Place pudding in a serving dish. Pour the sauce over. Top with fresh/frozen blueberry.

13 comments:

MiNDY March 9, 2009 at 11:57 AM

gimana Budapest? ketemuan ama Ayu ga?

Indonesia-Eats March 9, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Udah lama gak nengok blog ini. Liat foto ini merasakan kemajuan sefa. Udah berhasil bikin foto yg super putih bg. cantik:)

Lidia Sianturi March 9, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Ini pasti ngenyangin ya Fa scr dr semolina gitu loh...cantik fotonya, aku suka tetesan sausnya..

mycookinghut March 9, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Sefa,
It's a lovely picture.. looks yummy too. Can't wait for the recipe.

Elsye March 9, 2009 at 9:19 PM

met datengggg...:D, gue tinggal ngilerr bowliat pudingnya :P

Caviar and Codfish March 9, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Hope you are well and getting rest. Looking forward to the recipe.

jesse March 10, 2009 at 1:00 AM

What a decadent looking picture! Can't wait for the recipe... glad you got home safely!

sowmya March 10, 2009 at 4:21 PM

looks yumm..waiting for th e recipe..

Judith March 12, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Sefa .. aku suka banget Blueberry yang dimasak gini hhmm nyam nyamm dweh buat dessert! :-D

btw..akhir2 ini aku lagi jarang ngeblog, muncul nyungsep muncul nyungsep melulu :( lagi ogah2an, apa karna blue winter aja..

Alles Gute ya Sefa, moga sukses sekolahnya dan kejar target :-)

Ipoet - Gata's Mom March 13, 2009 at 7:55 AM

aku ada stok blueberry dirumah fa...bikinin yah ehhehe

Lore March 16, 2009 at 2:06 PM

This looks great Sefa! Not no mention how healthy blueberries are. Delish and good for you, now that sounds like a win-win for me :D. Hope you are feeling better!
Thank you so much for joining this edition of Original Recipes.

emiglia March 22, 2009 at 11:21 PM

Such a pretty picture! I bet it was tasty...

crystal December 23, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Great recipe and fantastic photography - well done.

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”Virginia Woolf

Recent Post

Oatmeal Banana Almond Cookies - 2nd Annual O Foods Contest for Ovarian Cancer Awareness MonthSate PadangThe Beauty of Red and White
Summer DrinkCherry BlossomsClick May 2009: Cookies
Ayam Bumbu Paniki (Chicken ala Paniki) Judging for Click April 2009 - Spring/AutumnBinte Biluhuta

Category

Travel Warning

Indonesia is dangerously beautiful!

Indonesia is not only Bali. We have lots of beautiful places within the 5 biggest islands and thousands of small islands. Please click on the banner above for more information about Indonesian tourisms. And don't forget to explore the beauty of West Sumatra.

Designed by Ourblogtemplates.com © 2008 | Modified by Sefa Firdaus © 2007-2015